Meeting Schedule for next 2 weeks (Posted Sunday, May, 17th)
Class: Wednesday, May 20th – On-line Bible class.
Worship: Sunday, May 24th - Same format as prior Sundays, but may be longer than 45 minutes. 9:30am -- Masks required. 11:00am – Masks optional.
Class: Wednesday, May 27th – Auditorium class & on-line. 7:00pm – Masks optional with social distancing guidelines in place for auditorium class.
Worship: Sunday, May 31st - Same format as prior Sundays, but may be longer than 45 minutes. 9:30am -- Masks required. 11:00am – Masks optional.
Kid’s class opportunity. Click to read. (Posted Thursday, May 21, 2020)
Change in Worship Service Streaming (Posted Sunday, May 17th)
We are changing how we stream our worship services. We are no longer using Livestream.com. Going forward we will stream our services live to YouTube. You can access live or already posted services at https://www.youtube.com/c/BillingsChurchofChrist. Going forward we will live stream our first service (9:30 a.m.). As long as that happens without complications, we will not live stream the second service. However, anytime after the first service posts, you can watch the recording. Questions regarding the streaming should be directed to our audio/visual deacon, Aaron Miles.
Updated Announcement from the Shepherd's regarding targeted May 10th, 2020 Return to Worship (Revised, May 5th, 2020)
To the flock,
The leadership team met Monday, May 4th, to go over the survey you completed and discuss the Corona virus directive. We have made some revisions that are effective immediately regarding meeting together for worship on Sunday at the building.
- Anyone in the Governor’s directive that is defined as vulnerable is encouraged to stay home, but it is not required that you stay home.
- Instead of having two services based on alphabet, the first service requires you to wear a mask. For the second service, masks are encouraged but not required. Both services require social distancing of at least 6 feet. People need to sit in family units. We encourage our vulnerable members to shelter at home or attend the first service.
Hand sanitizer will be in the foyer. There will be a few cloth masks available for you to take. Communion sets will be available on tables just inside the auditorium. Take one as you go to sit down, as trays will not be passed. Or, consider bringing your own communion supplies.
Service 1 - from 9:30-10:15AM. This service requires you to wear masks.
Service 2 - from 11-11:45AM. This service encourages you to wear masks but masks are not required.
The 45 minutes between services will allow members to leave and for the building to be sanitized.
To ensure the required physical distancing, each service will be limited to approximately 65 attendees. The 11AM service will be Livestreamed. The worship service will not be pre-recorded.
To comply with soical distancing, when arriving at the building, please do not congregate outside on the steps, in the foyer, or fellowship area. Each family should remain together and enter immediately. Please refrain from physical touch or contact with other families. Smiles, waves and long-distance high-fives are encouraged! There will be signs inside and out to remind everyone on keeping social distancing in place.
Sanitize your hands on entry with your own sanitizer or use sanitizer at stations in the foyer.
These areas will be closed/off limits: Nursery room, office areas upstairs, entire downstairs and playground.
Alternate pews will be marked off for families to sit in every other pew. Please sit with your family and allow at least 6 feet between the next family if more than one family is seated on the same row.
Nothing will be passed or distributed: no bulletins. Offering collection plates will be left at the back on tables for contributions. Prewrapped individual communion cups with bread will be placed in the back. Pick one up on the way to your seat if you do not bring your own communion. Trash cans will be at the back for disposal during exit.
At the end of service, the elders will dismiss the congregation row by row. As you are dismissed, please sanitize your hands, exit the building and do not congregate anywhere inside or on the steps outside. Remember to keep your family together and with you at all times to follow social distancing guidelines. It is sad and difficult that children cannot interact with other children, but it is very necessary right now.
While we wait for things to stabilize, we will offer online versions of every class or service that we offer in person.
Romans 14:6 modified for today could say, those who stay at home do so in honor of the Lord, and those who attend do so in honor of the Lord.
Our pledge to those who need more time before they are ready to meet with us: No guilt trip. No pressure. All you have from us is our love, prayers and support.
Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns. Your Shepherds
Recent News, Decisions, and Activities in Response to the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Please do not hold any meetings, no matter the size at the church building until further notice with discussing the meeting with the elder on call first.
- Please mail your contribution checks: PO Box 20871, Billings, MT 59104. You can also give electronically
- Please contact the elder on call (EOC) with questions. EOC from Sunday, May 10 through Saturday, May 23, Jef Sutherland.
Don't Miss Important Information
- Monitor this webpage to confirm any date changes and updates to congregational activities.
- Select updates also posted to the church Facebook Page.
- Important email and text updates are sent via Flocknote. If you don't receive updates, please subscribe now.
Links and Activities:
- Wed pm Bible Class: 7:00 p.m. via Facebook Live
- We have a new church YouTube Channel. We'll use that channel to post some of our recorded videos
- Audio recordings of sermons and other words of encouragement are available here.
- Bulletins are not being printed. They are available on the website.
- Communion is available at the building. Please bring your own container to transport the grape juice. If you need assistance, please contact the church offices.
- Helping Others: if you are aware of a pressing need, please contact Rod Cullingworth.
Note from the Shepherds
We are praying for the flock. We are praying for His Wisdom to help us guard and direct the flock at this time while continuing to worship, honor and glorify our Lord. We are reaching out to people that we believe may need contacted. But don’t hesitate to call one of your shepherds if there is some way we can encourage or help you. You may also have ideas that can assist His Kingdom at this time. We want to hear these ideas.
Bruce Blackketter 406-794-8067
Bob Heitzenrater 225-772-5826
Eric Pedersen 406-672-9585
Jef Sutherland 406-670-2437
Mike Monday 406-671-8683